*The deadline for applications has passed. Stay tuned for next year’s scholarships!*
The ESA is providing a new scholarship! Fill out the application form.
Application deadline: January 31, 2017
Number of scholarships: 4 (one scholarship for first year, second year, third year, and fourth year [or more])
Value: $1000 (non renewable)
To qualify an applicant must satisfy all selection criteria:
• A University of Ottawa student (not an exchange student)
• In the economics program (minor, major, joint honours or specialization)
• Minimum CGPA of 6
• Demonstrate leadership in community involvement, volunteerism and/or work experience
• Financial need will be considered
• A 500-600 word essay explaining why this scholarship is important to the applicant and how the applicant will satisfy the eligibility criteria.
• Unofficial transcript (the latest official transcript will be requested if selected)
• Proof of community work (if selected)
You also have the option of including:
• A 250-word essay describing your family and personal life, for example your family’s employment or economic situation.
• A letter of recommendation from a professor/a member of the community (optional).
• Applications without ALL the required supporting documents will not be considered.